Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Binary logic in technology~ enter www

Online networks lend a unique new landscape for communities to flourish. I say that the world wide web is unique because it both closes off as well as makes limitless discussion, expression and interpretation.
Technology and online forums are both by their very making binary and rigid and yet forever expanding. Programs and websites, servers, forums and chatrooms all function within a coding system based within binaries of "yes" and "no", "correct" and "incorrect". Like computers, I imagine how everything that we experience online is through 1's and 0's, making up a grand metrix that looks like endless possibility and flexibility. In programming, this might look like: "If user presses the # key, flash the screen". Then the computer checks: "Is the # key pressed (Yes or no). Yes: Flash screen". Why is this interesting? Well, I find this interesting because it reminds me sort of how simplistic forms of technology (like moving pictures/movies) started with this similar binary sort of method of splashing up either white light or darkness on a screen with millions of pixels to create an image and make it move. If you look up close you can see that the entire complex film that you just watched was entirely shown with just a series of white flashing dots.
Although we have found color in our modern day moving pictures, I find it interesting to see how limited this method really is. Technology to me still feels like it is stuck in a binary approach, which does not allign itself well with non technological events like sickness and disease, species variation, cycles of the weather or evolution. So many aspects of the world live outside of a binary approach and yet technology has yet to really move past this.

Getting back to the internet. Although the foundations of the world wide web are still harnassed by binary laws of yes and no, I wonder if the internet is stretching those boundaries and helping in the creation of something new, something to finally get our imaginations to stretch further beyond binaries and even spectrums.
The difference between servers and clients are stressed as online games test the capacities for real-time online battles where users move too fast for the server to handle and users have different perspectives of the online reality. It is no longer a simple "yes" or "no", and is instead a series of varying realities. Profiles are created and then years later snippets of information linger on websites that pulled information from one page from another page. Websites are fragmented and disassembled and yet shared and re-produced to create Frankenstein-like discussions.
It is as if the speed of the www's growth has stressed the capacities of the "yes" "no" language. After so many decades of change in technological advances, I am intrigued with the potential shift from our binary foundations.

18 comments:

  1. Sage Accpac ERP Support Services in Toronto needs of diverse business environments. Delivering an unprecedented degree of flexibility, Sage 300 (Sage Accpac) comes in three powerful editions, offers a robust suite of modules.Thanks for the valuable feedback. I think that strategy is sound and can be easily replicable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article.Also visit my page.
    ----------------

    سرورمجازی

    ReplyDelete
  3. You offered me some help with gratefulness UK article making through your online diaries in a way I will never forget. In a split second I can no two ways about it teach my made work and expand making class with sureness. This is the one field that I was remarkably questionable about. Appreciative to you.The fundamental of these affiliations is the recognition organization official leasing on your before with all people who are to be united into the internment organization. For instance, the religious figure, office remembrance administration home and the graveyard.
    Grow your twitter network

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing in detail. Your blog is an inspiration! Apart of really useful tips, it's just really !

    ______________________________
    Sandblasted signs new orleans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have encountered your online diary... It has helped me a significant measure.. It was definitely what expected to know. I am sharing something which night help you
    Best vpn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited multiple websites but the audio feature for audio songs existing at this website is genuinely marvelous. Xorcom PBX Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It’s a nice jQuery script; I was also seeking for that, thus i got it right now from at this time. Keep it up admin of this site. Watch series online

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like and appreciate your blog post, thanks again. Want some more stuff.
    Jaipur Room Rent

    ReplyDelete
  9. This video post is truly inconceivable, the tumult quality and the photograph way of this tape post is genuinely surprising.


    Latest manga

    ReplyDelete
  10. all the time i used to read smaller articles that also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading here.Lol Boost

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a video it is! Truly dumbfounding and requesting quality, please exchange more films having such awesome quality. Quite welcomed.Elo Boost Euw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Different viewers rush to watch comic video cuts, yet I get a kick out of the opportunity to watch awful recordings on YouTube.lol Smurf account

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I at first remarked I tapped the "Advise me when new remarks are included" checkbox and now every time a remark is included I get a few messages with the same remark. Is there any way you can expel individuals from that administration? Much obliged!Web design company in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first time go to see at here and i am truly pleassant to examine everthing at one spot. Triplay psf

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're the best particularly for the high caliber and results-arranged help. I won't reconsider to embrace your blog entry to anyone who needs and needs bolster about this range.
    Live Gov Edu back-links

    ReplyDelete
  16. This web is really great. Love it so much. I can't wait for the next article.

    =====================================
    Best website developer Company in Kanpur

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks
    Ghana passport online

    ReplyDelete